Company class focuses on choreography & performance presentation, working in multiple dance styles and with many choreographers. Dancers will build a choreography repertoire to perform throughout the community. It provides dancers with opportunity to work with different Sooke Dance Studio instructors, as well as guest choreographers. Focus on all dance styles including entertainment jazz, tap, hip hop, modern, musical theatre and ballet to highlight your technical strengths.
- For ages 9 and up. Dancers will be assessed for their Company placements the first weeks of classes. Placements for Company will ultimately be decided by the Company instructors/director after the first weeks of classes. Company dances will include choreography for individual companies and combined group numbers.
- Elite dancers must have ability to work at advanced technical level, pick up choreography quickly and be committed with a positive attitude.
New Elite XL – a branch of Elite Company giving dancers more opportunities such as group, solo or duet Festival choreography during company time, participating in outreach programs teaching workshops at schools or community programs, more opportunity for travel including workshops, performances and special trips. These opportunities may possibly include other company or crew members at the discretion of Carole and the choreographers. Any Festival or competition pieces and dancers will be decided by Carole and the choreographer.
- Choreography schedule will vary week to week during Tuesday choreography 6 - 9 pm. Additional rehearsal times outside of this time may also be added
- Signed agreement must be completed at registration
Expression Company: 1.5 hours choreography plus RAD Ballet, plus 2 additional classes: 1 technique class (ballet 2x/week counts as second tech class) and 1 dancer’s choice
Fusion Company: 1.5 hours choreography plus RAD Ballet, plus 2 additional classes: 1 technique class (ballet 2x/week counts as second tech class) and 1 dancer’s choice
Elite Company: 1.5 hours choreography plus RAD Ballet, plus 3 additional classes: 2 technique class (ballet 2x/week counts as second tech class) and 1 dancer’s choice
- RAD Ballet
Non Tech classes
- Hip Hop
- Musical Theatre
- Broadway Jazz
NEW CREW 2019/20
- By placement/audition ~ For dancers age 11 and up with experience in Hip Hop. A performance class with opportunity for performances, events and conventions. Learn multiple dances with different choreographers. Crew will combine with Company for dances, rehearsals, performances, events.
- Must be registered in a Hip Hop class to audition and enroll.
- Audition required. Crew level and rehearsal times will be decided after auditions the first weeks of classes.
- Choreography schedule will vary week to week and will include Tuesday choreography 5:00 - 6:00 pm. Class time may change or be added to include time during company choreography Tuesdays 6:00 – 9:00. (We have 2 open studios to maximize our productivity.)
- Additional rehearsal times outside of the above times may also be added.
- Must supply uniform and costumes as required when required – additional studio rental fees may apply
- Signed agreement must be completed at registration.
Crew: 1 hour choreography plus additional Hip Hop class (Hip Hop 2.5 or 3).
COMPANY SCHEDULE & CALENDAR